What Are We Doing? How many push ups can you do in 1 minute?
Where Should We Do It? Open space where you can spread out
What Do We Need? Stopwatch or a timer app on your phone
How Should We Set Up? Clear the space around you of all tripping or slipping hazards.
How Do We Do It?
- Begin with your chest and stomach flat on the floor. Your legs should be straight out behind you and your hands are beside your chest. Your arms are bent out at a 45-degree angle.
- Set your timer/stopwatch at 60 seconds
- Start the timer!
- Exhale as you push up from the floor with your arms, bringing your torso, chest and thighs off the ground. Only hands and toes are touching the ground. Adaptation: allow your knees to remain in contact with the floor.
- Pause for a second in the plank position- keep your core muscles engaged.
- Inhale as you slowly lower pack to your starting position.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until the 60 seconds runs out
Scoring: Let us know how many complete push ups you were able to complete in the 60 seconds.