What are we doing? How close can you and your unified partner get to a target that is 5m away from you?
Where should we do it? Driveway, sidewalk, backyard, or long hall (with permission).
What do we need? A tape measure or ruler, chalk or tape, something to act as your palina (ball, rock, can etc), and a bocce ball or tennis ball/softball/rolled up socks.
How should we set up? Place a line on the ground using your chalk or tape and measure 5 meters or 5 BIG steps and place the palina (or what you are using) on the ground.
How do we do it?
1) From the shooting line throw your Bocce ball (tennis ball/roll of socks) attempting to land as close to the palina as possible.
2) Measure from the edge of your ‘ball’ to the edge of the palina *remember to measure in centimeters.
3) You can take up to 5 attempts and use your best score.
4) Now it’s your unified partner’s turn! Have them complete the steps above.
5) Take the athlete’s closest throw (5.25cm) and add it to the unified partner’s closest throw (6.67cm) add them together and submit your combined score: 5.25+6.67=11.92cm.