What are we doing? How many times can you and your unified partner dribble a ball in 2 minutes?
Where should we do it? Driveway, sidewalk, or hard floor (with permission).
What do we need? Stopwatch or a timer app on your phone, and a basketball.
How should we set up? Clear the space around you of all tripping or slipping hazards.
How do we do it?
1) Starting position: Hold the basketball in your right hand.
2) Set your timer/stopwatch at 30 seconds.
3) Start the timer!
4) Dribble (bounce) the basketball with your right hand and count how many times you bounce the ball in 30 seconds.
5) Now set up again for another 30 seconds and this time use your left hand.
6) Now it’s your unified partner’s turn! Have them complete steps 1-5.
7) Combine the total number of times you and your unified partner dribbled the ball in the 2 minutes and submit your score. For example, Athlete right hand 25 + Athlete left hand 19 + Unified Partner right hand 28 + Unified Partner left hand 22= 94.