What are we doing?
How quickly can we dribble weave around the cones and return to our starting point ten times?
Where should we do it?
On a flat hard surface. A paved driveway, a playground basketball court or a quiet road would work well!
What do we need?
- A basketball or other similarly sized bouncy ball. One for each person if doing team play.
- 7 cones or markers (soup cans, spare shoes etc.)
- A tape measure
- A timing device
How should we set up?
- Place your first marker on the ground. This is your start and end point.
- Place one further marker every 4 feet in a straight line until you are out of markers.
- If you do not have a tape measure, take 2 normal sized steps, placing a new marker at each finish point.
How do we do it?
- On your mark or your timer’s “go” begin dribbling around the cones
- We want to test our dribbling with both hands, so we will utilize a crossover dribble between each cone.
- When you reach the end of the markers (that is one set), turn around and return to the start line (that is two sets), continuing going back and forth to complete ten sets.
- When you reach the final cone on your tenth set, stop the time and record your time in the results page.
Note: Instruction video shows the completion of one set, for the individual challenge, please go back and forth until you have completed ten sets.