What are we doing?
As a team, how quickly can you dribble weave around the cones?
Where should we do it?
On a flat hard surface. A paved driveway, a playground basketball court or a quiet road would work well!
What do we need?
- A basketball or other similarly sized bouncy ball. One for each person if doing team play.
- 7 cones or markers (soup cans, spare shoes etc.)
- A tape measure
- A timing device
- 2 – 10 team members can participate
How should we set up?
- Place your first marker on the ground. This is your start and end point.
- Place one further marker every 4 feet in a straight line until you are out of markers.
- If you do not have a tape measure, take 2 normal sized steps, placing a new marker at each finish point.
How do we do it?
- On your mark or your timer’s “go”, the first team member begins dribbling around the cones.
- We want to test our dribbling with both hands, so we will utilize a crossover dribble between each cone.
- When you reach the end of the markers, the next team member will dribble around the cones.
- Your team will need to complete a total of ten sets.
- When the team member crosses the final cone on the tenth set, stop to timer.
- Record your time as how long it took you to complete ten sets as a team.