What are we doing?
How many times can you throw a ball at a target on the wall and hit the target out of 15 throws.
Where should we do it?
Outdoors near a hard surface (I.e., a brick wall, or tree). Be aware of your surroundings and make sure there are no windows nearby or something you can break.
What do we need?
- You will need a hard surface
- Tape/chalk to create your target and mark your distances
- Measuring tape
- Appropriate footwear
- A small ball that can fit in your hand (I.e., a baseball, softball, tennis ball, racquetball, etc.) If you do not have a ball at home, you can roll a pair of socks together in the shape of a ball.
How should we set-up?
Mark a target on the wall that is 3X3 feet with the tape or chalk where someone’s glove would be if they were standing there.
Using your measuring tape, place a piece of tape 10 feet from the target. (3 Big steps), place a piece of tape 15 feet from the target (5 big steps), and place a piece of tape 20 feet from the target (6 big steps).
How do we do it?
- Starting at the 10 foot mark, throw 5 balls and score a point for each throw that hits your target.
- Move to the 15 foot mark, throw 5 balls and score a point for each throw that hits your target.
- Move to the 20 foot mark, throw 5 balls and score a point for each throw that hits your target.
- Keep track of how many times you hit the target. One correct hit, equals one point.