What are we doing?
Practicing throwing at different distances with correct power and accuracy!
Where should we do it?
Anywhere indoors or outdoors with a flat playing surface (grass, sidewalk, hallway, etc.). For more of a challenge, be sure to have more space! Be aware of your surroundings and make sure there are no windows nearby or something you can break.
What do we need?
- Flat playing surface (grass, sidewalk, hallway, etc.),
- A ball that can fit in your hand (bocce ball, tennis ball, sock ball, etc.)
- 3 different items to mark as targets (ball, pylon, shoe, etc.)
- Appropriate footwear
How should we set-up?
- One target at 5 feet from athlete
- One target at 10 feet from athlete
- One target at 15 feet from athlete
How do we do it?
- Stand at a starting point with your ball ready to throw.
- Underhand toss the ball at the closest target
- Toss the ball at the middle target
- Toss the ball at the farthest target
- Repeat 5 times (5 throws at each target distance, total of 15 throws)
- Keep track of how many times you hit the target.
- Close target hit = 1 point
- Middle target hit = 2 points
- Far target hit = 3 points