What are we doing? How well can we complete a front arabesque balance with ribbon movement?
Where should we do it? Any flat open space, indoors or outdoors.
What do we need?
- Rhythmic Gymnastics Ribbon.
- If you no not have a proper ribbon apparatus, you can attach a ribbon or length of material to a wooden kitchen spoon. The ribbon should measure approximately 6m.
How do we do it?
- Stand with your feet together in first position. Raise your non-dominant leg to 90 degrees in front of body with toe pointed.
- Raise into releve (balance on toe).
- You should now be in front arabesque.
- Arm not holding the ribbon should be raised straight out to your side.
- Arm holding apparatus should be held straight up with ribbon stick pointed upwards.
- Spiral ribbon around stick and arm (upward spirals).
- Pull stick out of spirals without touching the ribbon (smoke).
- On flat foot, leg below 90 degrees, upwards spirals, held for 3 seconds– 1 point.
- On toe, leg below 90 degrees, upwards spirals, held for 3 seconds – 2 points.
- On toe, leg at 90 degrees, upwards spiral, held for 3 seconds – 3 points.
- On toe, leg at 90 degrees, upwards spirals with smoke, held for 3 seconds – 4 points.
- On toe, leg at 90 degrees, upwards spirals with smoke, held for 5 seconds – 5 points.
Score type : Points
Show us your achievement
Results entry will be available soon.
Practice your challenges over the next week and then come back to enter your results.