What Are We Doing? How far can throw a ball using proper shot put technique?
Where should we do it? Outside at your school, local park, driveway or backyard.
What do we need? Masking tape, measuring tape, chalk or coin, ball to throw (shot put, tennis ball, etc.)
How should we set up? Put down a line of tape marking the throw line.
How do we do it?
- Line up behind the piece of tape
- Take the ball in the hand you are most comfortable throwing with
- Bend your elbow and move the ball back behind your ear
- Push the ball forward as hard and as far as you can!
- Measure from the tape line to where the ball landed (before it bounced or rolled)