What are we doing? How many flip tosses (180 degrees) with the hoop can you do without dropping the hoop?
Where should we do it? Any open space with clear space above your head. We are going to be throwing objects, so make sure the space is free of any breakable or dangerous objects.
What do we need?
- A Rhythmic Gymnastics hoop
- If you do not have a Rhythmic Gymnastics hoop, you can use a hula hoop instead.
How do we do it?
- Stand tall, body straight, feet together
- Hold hoop out in front with straight arms, knees bent slightly
- Stand up straight and swing arms slightly upward to toss the hoop in the air.
- Hoop should do a half rotation (180 degrees).
- Catch hoop with straight arms.
- Your final score is how many tosses you can complete while maintaining your form and not dropping the hoop
Maximum score is 30