What are we doing? How fast can you run/walk 25m?
Where should we do it? Outside at your school or local park.
What do we need? Stopwatch or timer app on your phone, measuring tape, two pylon-like items (jugs, Tupperware), appropriate clothing for outdoor activities and your runners. It would be best to have another person from your household with you to time your race.
How should we set up? Place one pylon as your “Start Line”. Measure your distance and place your 2nd pylon as your “Finish Line”.
How do we do it?
- Starting position: Facing the finish line, place your toe at the start line.
- Ready to start your timer/stopwatch.
- Ready, 1,2 ,3, Go!” You will start the race and your helper will start the timer!
- Run or walk as fast as you can to the finish line. Timer will stop when you cross the finish line.
- Submit your time into the results page.